Sunday, April 01, 2007
PART DEUX?
After having watched Before Sunrise and Before Sunset for the one hundred and sixty fourth time, it finally came to me that if indeed I want to experience meeting my own Celine, I should start riding the train more often, or so at least the LRT. On the contrary, I'd rather not for all I know, I'd just end up seeing familiar faces which I'd rather not see most especially if I'm having an I-want-to-castrate-a-person-because-humanity-sucks kind of day. But then again, Jesse wasn't at his best when he met Celine, after just having broken up with his girlfriend from Madrid.

The truth of the matter is, the one true realization that came out from this one hundred sixty fourth viewing is the possibility of making (a) sequel/s for my cult baby Oneironauts. Despite having shunned this idea even before wrapping up the film, making a sequel in a situation where I am in isn't really about fame and fortune (a la Hollywood) more so. After having seen Jesse and Celine meet up again, and the fact that the sequel is better than the original (in my taste, so to speak) intrigues me. At the same time, it challenges me to do the same thing. I just love the idea of a character's recurring appearances in the works of a filmmaker (like Truffaut's Antoine Doinel), showing not just multiple stories of each phase in the life of that character rather it builds up to form one story in a life of a person.

Creating a sequel at this point in time would be a big risk. It opens the idea of limited creativity and originality as I know it would also raise a few eyebrows from some people critical of well works of other people (haha). But that doesn't matter. After all, my creation is my own decision. And of course, I always remain open to any criticism and suggestions. It's really a challenge I'm game facing.

This move is really more of an homage to Jesse and Celine (which I assume is a fact for the avid reader of this soon to be closed blog) and to love and life as well. As much as possible it is my goal to make a sequel that could stand alone, to prove also that my creation of such is really for the sake of telling my story. Perhaps through this, if I make it right, I might be able to show Mano Po a thing or two about the art of creating sequels (well, if indeed they consider those as art [Note by FM radio character: It hurts! It hurts you know!]) But then again, the cast might not even be back this time around. Hahaha! Well, this is after all a long term endeavor. And of course I wouldn't just be spending my entire filmmaking career (can I say that? career? haha) doing just this. Having said that, pre-production for 2/30 begins this week. Haha!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Stranger

Kram has moved!
Graffiti


Trails

Detours
Ady
Ais
Alexis
Angela
Bea
CA
Chally
Cheenee
Cheska
Chevs
Cid
Dereck
Ella
Ginj
Inna
Jan
Joy
Joyce
Justin
Kenneth
Kram
Krayola
Melissa
Michelle
Migs
MM
Nikko
Patrick
Rana
Reena
Rey
RJ
Smither
Zyon

Sponsor


Google Search


Credits
Brushes
Image Host
Photo