Monday, March 26, 2007
HERE I COMM!
Finally after a year of confusion, months of deliberation and weeks of anticipation, my intention to shift has ultimately been met with approval. Few days from now, I shall no longer be a ComTech major under the JohnGokongweiSchoolofManagement and an official member of the R1 community. Indeed the three remaining days shall be my last as an affiliate of these institutions. I do not claim to be a celebrity, however I would like to take this opportunity to express my final message and formally bid my farewell to the people who have been a big part of the first leg of my journey in college.

No bullshit: Before I begin with the sentimentality, let me start this with all brutal honesty as it would be a shame if I would not be able to tell you this before I formally leave: I detest the concept of blocks and blockmates. I firmly believe the creation of such mechanism is mainly for those students who came from exclusive schools who have yet to experience the dynamics of boys and girls coexisting in a formal school setting. It is something that I have already experienced before, coming from a coed school, which I do not think is necessary in an environment where the focus should be on the individual. Let me be more frank by saying that I never really enjoyed being part of a block (perhaps the closest I ever felt that was when we took a 3-day vacation together, but come to think of it... not quite) Call me irrational or bitter for I do not really expect to convince you or assume your full comprehension of where I am getting at but if in case you wish to listen, I will be more than willing to tell you about it in person. The farewell therefore is not addressed to the block, for I have long said my goodbye to it. Rather, I want to focus more on the individual relationships, the personal bonds I have formed (if indeed there really were, discounting the depth or duration) within the 2 years. To you, I give my deepest gratitude for making college a little more colorful:

Jaron: This person I only had the chance to speak more because of Sci10. I thank you for the camaraderie and concern you have expressed during the times we were seatmates and sleepmates in class.

Ginjie: Remember ES? Save the Lake was one of the main reasons why we got to bond even just a bit. A good sport and a great model, I thank you for your wonderful presence. If it was not for you, I might have not received anything from the first R1 Awards. Thank you.

Mikko: The high spirit of the class. I thank you for your comedy, your frankness and your uniqueness. A day without your punchlines is truly quite different. Thank you for trusting me with your school works.

Tin: Hello gayness. One of the newcomers this year who I was already comfortable with in the first meeting. I appreciate your perkiness, with all the smiles you bear electronically and personally. You are truly one outstanding girl.

Cheska: The only person who attempted to cuddle (kadol) me and was successful in doing so. She described me one time as a serious person who is able talk some sense. I thank you for that Cheska.

Bojo: The person who wanted to give me the privilege of being the beadle for DannyChan's Law 11 class. I thank you for giving me that sense of respect. I am also thankful for that one time you shared your story, here's hoping you no longer wish to turn back time.

Justin: An amazing person able to bear all my antagonism and annoyance, thank you for being one hell of a sport. I am honored that you appreciate my writing, my thoughts and my opinions. Remember that you too are being listened to.

Ella: One of the first people I have met before college even officially started. I feel guilty because it has only been lately when I had the chance to know her more on a deeper level beyond school works. Thank you also for being able to deal with my ego.

Christa: I remember it was Eda's birthday and Christa was one of the brave few who tried to make me laugh. Although she failed, I did appreciate the gesture. One of the most natural people in class, thank you for bravely accepting the R1 Idol trophy.

Nikki: Like deodorant, Nikki won't let you down. A person you could really count on, I thank you for saving our Theology presentation. I remember last summer when you wanted to come with me to the shooting, despite not having made it, I appreciate the interest.

Inna: I don't know if she could recall the fact that she was my first seatmate during the Orsem. She seemed to be snobbish then, but everything changed as time went by. Thank you for giving me your trust, with all the school works and whatnot.

RJ: I was glad when I found out that we live in the same place. Starting last sem, I no longer had to endure the traffic by myself. I thank you for everything that you have shared to me, the trust and the respect. I truly appreciate them.

Ron: My co-crammer who would often send a message at dawn asking me if I had already started or finished studying or doing homework. Ron is also the person responsible in spreading those outrageous links in Youtube like the girl with the thing. Thanks for everything pare.

Kim: If there's one person who has endured the best and worst of me, this person has got to be it. Thank your for the patience, the concern, the candies, the hand sanitizers, the bathroom, the friendship, the understanding and yes, for being my yaya. Indeed, I am very much grateful.

Ice: The sole victim of my racism. I thank you for being patient and for being a good sport. For all the wonderful layouts, for the creative conversations, I thank you. Most of all, I thank you for the trust and for listening to everything my endless mouth had blabbered.

Danessa: One of the few people I knew I would get along with from the start because of our shared passion for leadership and service. Too bad, I had to let go of that. Despite that, I am proud that you continued to fight for what you believe in. I thank you for your trust.

Bernice: My seatmate in Math 11 who endured all of my side comments, my doodle... My insanity. I still remember that one time when we walked along Katipunan and you had to go through my never ending chat about papayas. Thank you for patience and your exuberance.

Pre: The first person in school to see id. and said she loved it. You never fail to make me feel relieved with your ever positive remarks. I thank you for that. Another victim of my name calling, thank you for being game and yes, Body Fuzion rules.

Rani: One of the people who have earned my respect. Rani is a jack of all trades. I thank you for that one instance when you helped me with LS, despite ma'am calling your name out during History. And for the many times you have made school easier, I thank you.

Jan: One of the few people who I trust with my narrations concerning my nonexistent love life. I always enjoy talking with you, regardless of what medium. Thank you also for entrusting me with your own stories. Indeed I will not forget the night I made you scream three times.

Eric: My perennial partner and groupmate. College life would be so much tougher without this guy. Now that I'm leaving, I guess it's time for us to test new waters. I am truly, deeply grateful for everything - the trust, the respect, the companionship and the friendship.

Eda: Another person I have already met online before Orsem. I miss the times when we were like children playing pretend, her being DJ Eda complete with ideas for a TV station; and no they weren't wholesome. I thank you for those fun times and the friendship.

Joyce: I don't have anything to say to you because I will still see you and you will be scoring my next short film. Well, for the mean time, let me thank you for the trust and the friendship; for being one of the fanatics of Oneironauts and my dream concepts.

Luis: I will never forget the one time when I talked about my concerns regarding transferring with him and he referred me to God. I truly believe that he is an outspoken person with hidden great wisdom. Thank you for that moment and for the many times you were a good friend.

Miguel: A person who is game in almost anything and everything - from guesting in the now defunct kraMTV to playing a closet gay in malPUNction, I thank you for your eagerness and encouragement, for the attempts to initiate a deep conversation and for your trust.

Gino: One of the very few who I was not able to know that much. It was only through PE101 where we had the chance to converse and be part of one group (although we were groupmates in ES also, one sem earlier) Thanks for being a wonderful person.

The cynical reader (who I must congratulate if he/she has no business with this yet has willingly read up to this spot) might be wondering why I am even spending time doing this instead of reviewing or creating something more productive. Well, the explanation is very simple. In life, human relations are inevitable. Despite the fact that this was not my main goal upon entering college, the connections I have made are what they are and I cannot do anything anymore to change that. I say with much honor that I am thankful for these things. However, the fact remains that my hibernation period is nearing its end and it is time once more for me to focus on the individual - on my self, on my own. And as I move on to the next leg of this journey, I take with me all that I have accomplished and created within the past 2 years. No more hesitation, no more distraction. The time has come for me to put my engine back into full power. At long last, here I Comm!

2 Comments:

Blogger tunay na pagibig said...

happy comm!

10:56 PM  
Blogger wongkarboi said...

Yup! I am officially III - AB Comm.

6:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Stranger

Kram has moved!
Graffiti


Trails

Detours
Ady
Ais
Alexis
Angela
Bea
CA
Chally
Cheenee
Cheska
Chevs
Cid
Dereck
Ella
Ginj
Inna
Jan
Joy
Joyce
Justin
Kenneth
Kram
Krayola
Melissa
Michelle
Migs
MM
Nikko
Patrick
Rana
Reena
Rey
RJ
Smither
Zyon

Sponsor


Google Search


Credits
Brushes
Image Host
Photo