Saturday, March 24, 2007
DO YOU KNOW WHAT DEAD MICE SMELL LIKE?
Empty: That's how I felt like after spending 3 days (with lots of intervals of course) reading Guillermo Arriaga's The Night Buffalo. The plot got me hooked to an exciting development of events, that is until politics entered the picture, which eventually led me to a hanging ending. Although it reminded me of Y Tu Mama Tambien (just the slightest bit), I'm not actually sure right now whether the book was worth it. What's actually bad is that there were lots of typos.

Hatred: I hated the fact that there wasn't any resolution. It really just left everything hanging without anything critical for the reader to at least help formulate an intelligent inference. It was as if all the creative and colorful characters turned into stone, everyone of them wasted. Right now, I don't think I'm even looking forward to see the film adaptation.

Hope: I'm just pissed off because I was really into it. I was really hooked with the idea of a "destructive" menage a trois despite the many unrealistic events that took place. At least now I know that it's really this kind of narrative, the manner of storytelling that really catches my attention, and maintain it more importantly. Despite its many flaws, it inspired me to make my own interpretation of the territorial battles between the sexes (with multiple participants), which I think I have to learn more about either through my own experience, or perhaps even through another's.

It's at the end of the rainbow, where the golden showers are.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Stranger

Kram has moved!
Graffiti


Trails

Detours
Ady
Ais
Alexis
Angela
Bea
CA
Chally
Cheenee
Cheska
Chevs
Cid
Dereck
Ella
Ginj
Inna
Jan
Joy
Joyce
Justin
Kenneth
Kram
Krayola
Melissa
Michelle
Migs
MM
Nikko
Patrick
Rana
Reena
Rey
RJ
Smither
Zyon

Sponsor


Google Search


Credits
Brushes
Image Host
Photo