Tuesday, December 26, 2006
A _____ YEAR
Welcome to candid camera. Another 365 days have gone and passed. Great things have happened while here are those that just made the year suck. Today, however, I'll focus on the great things. Here are the 10 best moments of my life as a psychotic 18-year old (in random order [well, sort of]):

Computer-less
Not having a computer just sucks and this happened to me for almost 3 weeks this year. However, there was this one night when God realized how lonely I was, having someone text me in the middle of the night. I can't really elaborate on what we talked about (due to my anonymity rule, which I must strictly impose here [for reasons I don't know]) that made it special but all I can say is that the conversation I had during that moment was memorable indeed.

Shooting Oneironauts
I have spent the past few days shooting my 2nd short film (this is based on A.I. [as in after id.]) and it was a blast. I would like to thank the cast and crew for the fun end enjoyable moments; for the professionalism and the greatness. I am still having a great dilemma in editing but having seen all scenes just affirms the fact that it was a great shoot.

Watching 2046
I have never been a fan of Asian films. However, seeing this movie made me think otherwise. It was a very beautiful film in stunning anamorphic glory. The story was brilliant and the actors superb. What more can I ask for? Cheers to Wong Kar Wai, the captivating Zhang Ziyi, the train scenes and the black and white scene. I might take back my statement of Crash being my film of the year last year; 2046 (it was released last year) is beautiful - never seen anything like it before.

The Pink Camera
Surprise suprise! Mark gets a pink camera for no apparent reason. The day I got this was also the day an illusion turned real; and yes, the day my one-time-shit theory exploded. I have a funny feeling the person who gave me this is laughing right now; well, I could be wrong. :P

Seeing Annie Hall in Philippine Soil
Yahoo could imagine how much I wanted to get a copy of Annie Hall as I always kept on telling my relatives abroad to give me one. This became futile when I saw a copy on Megamall; the same place where I got 2001: A Space Odyssey, Blowup, Dr. Strangelove and 2046. Hooray for Megamall.

Getting Citizen Kane
Like Annie Hall, I have long dreamed of getting this director's must-see film. This wish was granted as my cousin found out my struggles with amateur filmmaking. It's one of my most treasured films in my DVD collection; not to mention being part of my not for rent list.

Receiving the big Stanley Kubrick book
I'm not really optimistic about getting gifts for Christmas because I imagine the many underwears, socks and oversized shirts I've gotten for the past 18 years. This would then be broken by an unexpected gift from a good friend. Yes, thank you once again.

Onto the more serious moments that affected my pathetic life. You might think I'm just plainly materialistic; well, you may be right but I'd rather prefer the term shallow, thank you. Hahaha. :P

Scriptwriting Talk with Mr. Ricky Lee
This was the moment where I knew that I just gotta get out of my course. Of course, it was a privilege to have attended a 'class' that featured Philippine legend Ricky Lee. From that moment on, I knew what I really wanted to do and it's not really much about filmmaking, it's really more about writing. Interesting.

Winning Best Script for id.
This is clearly one of THE most unexpected and genuinely happy moments I've had in my entire f*cking life. I was really not expecting to take anything home that night. The production of id. was a nightmare and having something like this just proves its worth. Of course, this serves as an assurance of my last statement in the previous moment.

Secret
Two words: Before Sunrise. Perhaps the people I talked to during one fine Sunday during the latter part of this year would know what exactly I am talking about. It was the time when I acted very very funny (not humorous but funny; as in funny [this is like Nooni]) thanks to a very very funny (again not humorous but funny) incident that happened earlier that night (I'm referring to midnight and the earlier parts of the day here) I can't really elaborate much on this but I'm telling you, during that moment. I was happy. Very very happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Stranger

Kram has moved!
Graffiti


Trails

Detours
Ady
Ais
Alexis
Angela
Bea
CA
Chally
Cheenee
Cheska
Chevs
Cid
Dereck
Ella
Ginj
Inna
Jan
Joy
Joyce
Justin
Kenneth
Kram
Krayola
Melissa
Michelle
Migs
MM
Nikko
Patrick
Rana
Reena
Rey
RJ
Smither
Zyon

Sponsor


Google Search


Credits
Brushes
Image Host
Photo