Sunday, November 19, 2006
LARAWAN
Two of my childhood dreams were to become either as a painter or a photographer. Filmmaking never really got into the picture until my late years in highschool. Until then, I loved painting portraits of people in the magazine or recreating illustrations from my Magic cards. I also enjoyed taking snapshots of my relatives whenever they are eating and sleeping; I believe those pictures still exist up to this very day. As far as taking videos is concerned, well I think I just enjoyed taping my chubby cousin's legs whenever she arrives from the States.

Lately, through the inspiration of some artistic friends, I have come to revisit my appreciation and passion for painting and photography (when I say photography, it's more than the usual Kramwhoring, if you know what I mean) As much as I laugh at people who love to take those artsy fartsy photos, which then I still considered stupid and pathetic, I have come to realize that this was the thing that I used to love doing... This is where I began.

So last night, I gathered all my recent great photos (all of which I took except for pictures featuring myself, of course) and uploaded them in an artistic site (so to speak [and if you're asking why I didn't use Flickr, well, I hate the fact that it has limits, that's all.) After that, I just enjoyed looking at other people's photographs and original art whether they are nude (artistically shot of course [you perv]), romantic, emotive or just simply spontaneous. I also love the fact that within my first 2 hours, people have started making comments and adding my photos in their favorite lists. If it's immediate gratification that I'm looking, this may very well be the answer.


This isn't actually one of my favorites but the sun here just seems so wonderful.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oo nga, I'm about to erase my Flickr account. Hoy sinabihan mo akong artsy fartsy a! x_x

4:46 AM  
Blogger wongkarboi said...

Anong oo nga?

Hahaha... Oo nga. And I meant that in the nicest possible way. *smug* :)

4:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oo nga, may limit. You're a big scrooge, Mark Peregrino!

4:54 AM  
Blogger wongkarboi said...

Hahaha... Mag deviantart ka na! Hahaha! Thank you for that. I'll take it as a compliment. Hahaha! :P

5:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sa susunod na lang kapag hindi ako tinatamad, haha. Hmm..that wasn't meant to be a compliment. x_x

5:14 AM  
Blogger wongkarboi said...

Hahaha... I know. I'm just playing with you. Gawa ka tapos comment ka sa sabogi painting ko! Hahaha

5:20 AM  
Blogger Tourism Cebu - See You in Cebu! said...

hmm... the title "Larawan" evokes a very reflective attitude. May it be the "picture" of your present state/desires, a very interesting topic to reflect upon hehe. Yeclers would say, "Reflect mark, reflect."

6:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sabogi and Yeclers go together. :)

6:19 AM  
Blogger wongkarboi said...

I do reflect. I reflect longer than I sleep. Hahaha. The only problem is I can't create a plan of action. Poor pathetic me. Hahaha.

6:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, art is really great. Photography, painting, etc...I actually painted before...had lessons on that when I was still in early grade school...la lang...sharing (reflecting). =P

Will Mark end up being a photographer (of Jan and Ginj)? Haha, you know what I mean, Mr. PeLegrino.

Anyway, thanks again for being a deviant friend. :) Enjoy the arts! Haha...

8:34 AM  
Blogger wongkarboi said...

Call me Leer. James Leer. Hahaha.

Art is my life. Hahaha... That's why paulit ulit akong bumabalik sa napakalaking tanong na - anong kalokohan ang dahilan kung bakit ako nasa SOM!? Hahaha

5:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Stranger

Kram has moved!
Graffiti


Trails

Detours
Ady
Ais
Alexis
Angela
Bea
CA
Chally
Cheenee
Cheska
Chevs
Cid
Dereck
Ella
Ginj
Inna
Jan
Joy
Joyce
Justin
Kenneth
Kram
Krayola
Melissa
Michelle
Migs
MM
Nikko
Patrick
Rana
Reena
Rey
RJ
Smither
Zyon

Sponsor


Google Search


Credits
Brushes
Image Host
Photo