Monday, October 16, 2006
IL DIPINTO DI DORIAN GRAY
I just came to know about the fact that The Picture of Dorian Gray was already on public domain; meaning anyone which includes me could write about him without the fear of copyright infringements. It is the sole classic that I love perhaps because of the character - the thought of immortality and the consequences that come along with it; and of course, pages sixty-three to sixty-four. I cannot wait until I get my hands on this. It is now mine (along with the bazillion people in this world) to recreate.

"Yes, you have killed my love. You used to stir my imagination. Now you don't even stir my curiosity. You simply produce no effect. I loved you because you realized the dreams of great poets and gave shape and substance to the shadows of art. You have thrown it all away. You are shallow and stupid. My God! How mad was I to love you! What a fool I have been! You are nothing to me now. I will never see you again. I will never think of you. I will never mention your name. You don't know what you were to me, once. Why, once... Oh, I can't bear to think of it! I wish I had never laid eyes upon you! You have spoiled the romance of my life. How little you can know of love, if you say it mars your art! Without your art you are nothing. I would have made you famous, splendid, magnificent. The world would have worshipped you, and you would have borne my name. What are you now? A third-rate actress with a pretty face." Dorian Gray to Sibyl Vane

(Note to critical reader: As much as I don't want to be defensive, you should be aware that some things don't have a meaning deeper than you expect them to be. It's like the last scene in Raging Bull where Jake LaMotta recites a line from On the Waterfront. It doesn't necessarily equate that he means what he says, for he is only reading; that's why Scorsese instructed De Niro to speak monotonously. Here, I am merely quoting. As simple as that. Had I wanted to say something, I would have used something more confusing, just as what I am doing to you now. Capisci?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Stranger

Kram has moved!
Graffiti


Trails

Detours
Ady
Ais
Alexis
Angela
Bea
CA
Chally
Cheenee
Cheska
Chevs
Cid
Dereck
Ella
Ginj
Inna
Jan
Joy
Joyce
Justin
Kenneth
Kram
Krayola
Melissa
Michelle
Migs
MM
Nikko
Patrick
Rana
Reena
Rey
RJ
Smither
Zyon

Sponsor


Google Search


Credits
Brushes
Image Host
Photo