Tuesday, October 10, 2006
FOCUS
Focus is the key.

Almost 2 years ago, I became a contestant for an extemporaneous speaking contest in my high school. At first I was hesitant to take part in the competition. Despite the fact that I had a good deal of experience in public speaking, I wasn't that confident as I should have been. The day before the competition, we were given the topics which may be the topic we would draw during the day of the competition itself. Out of all the topics, I decided to dedicate my entire attention to only one of them. Come next day, I found out that I was the first to go so I reached my hand into the bowl and got the topic - yes, the sole topic I decided to focus on. Oh and yes, I won the contest.

Today I had a similar experience, this time for an oral exam. I wasn't actually able to study that hard the night before due to some circumstances which I need not elaborate on. However, I was able to skim through some pages of our book while traveling. And like my first anecdote, I got the topic which I wanted and sailed through the exam.

I may not have won a medal this time but I did gain something; I realized that the night before was worth it despite the suicidal risks involved. More importantly, in a way, it was meant to be.

Movie moment of the day: Dan and Alice seeing each other for the first time. The Blower's Daughter plays on the background.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Stranger

Kram has moved!
Graffiti


Trails

Detours
Ady
Ais
Alexis
Angela
Bea
CA
Chally
Cheenee
Cheska
Chevs
Cid
Dereck
Ella
Ginj
Inna
Jan
Joy
Joyce
Justin
Kenneth
Kram
Krayola
Melissa
Michelle
Migs
MM
Nikko
Patrick
Rana
Reena
Rey
RJ
Smither
Zyon

Sponsor


Google Search


Credits
Brushes
Image Host
Photo