Friday, September 29, 2006
SPARK
I have a concept. It has something to do with a man, his exile, a drug effect, a dream and a girl. Interested? Contact me. :)




Before the stupid storm that ruined my week took its toll, I was finally able to watch the film which I now consider my favorite of all time - Eyes Wide Shut. It's Kubrick's final film which many people (critics and filmgoers alike) had butchered, but for me, it was perfect. Yes, true, the first time I attempted to see it, I had to stop and go to sleep due to the intense boredom brought about by the first 15 minutes of it. However, when I tried to see it again, I realized how vital that effect was. And almost all Kubrick films are like that after all; you can't see it only once, because the more you see it, the more you discover about it, which in turn would make you realize how brilliant and beautiful it really is. The nostalgic effect was perfect - the haunting piano score, the chant, the plot, (the orgy?) Two days later I'm still swooning over the film's enchanting power. More on this soon. All this makes me want to watch it again.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Stranger

Kram has moved!
Graffiti


Trails

Detours
Ady
Ais
Alexis
Angela
Bea
CA
Chally
Cheenee
Cheska
Chevs
Cid
Dereck
Ella
Ginj
Inna
Jan
Joy
Joyce
Justin
Kenneth
Kram
Krayola
Melissa
Michelle
Migs
MM
Nikko
Patrick
Rana
Reena
Rey
RJ
Smither
Zyon

Sponsor


Google Search


Credits
Brushes
Image Host
Photo