Tuesday, August 15, 2006
AFFIRMATION
This is the first time in many months that I'm gonna write this way... Pure and simple.

Com ended at 4. As soon as it did, people started to walk. I followed and I was at the back of the line. People didn't notice it. (Why should they anyway?) Well, except for one who asked if I was alright. I replied, saying yes - I was alright... At least that's what I said. Upon reaching SEC walk, some took seats while others continued walking. I sat too. Then I opened my Law book to continue reading. Minutes later, people were planning about eating dinner. They stood up, as they were about to walk again. I remained seated. I didn't want to come. A few seconds later, I found myself standing up. By that time, they were still uncertain where to go (Or at least I thought so), so I went ahead and went to the sanctuary that is the library. I stayed there for about an hour or so. It was actually fulfilling albeit the tension created by the subject being focused upon. Call it geeky but I'm getting to love the ambiance of the library more and more - the silence, people sleeping, butt cracks at times, those things. At 5:30 I had to leave. I even saw some of my classmates studying near the window. I didn't approach them. I came back to SEC walk (Note to hidden camera: Why is it that when I am supposed to type "SEC walk", I end up pressing the wrong key in lieu of the 3rd letter of the first word? Fascinating.) to eat a snack before the dreaded class. I sat on a bench alone. Seeing the people around me, I noticed that almost all of them were either by pair or by group; I seemed like the only one alone. What's ironic is that during that moment, that moment of solitude - I actually felt alive. Minutes later, my classmates who had just finished eating outside came back - some of them said hi; some just passed by; a few sat next to me; and one asked if I was doing alright (I just gave the person a thumb up.) It was then when I was awakened; I realized that I was back to reality.

Affirmation.

It was today when I realized the possibility of living alone. Before, I just had a mindset that I can; but in a sense, I didn't actually want to. Now I know I can, only if I would want to. After all, it was I who was holding me back all along...

6 Comments:

Blogger miguel said...

i like your post. BUt it disturbed me a lot.

8:22 AM  
Blogger wongkarboi said...

In what sense? /:

4:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm..can relate to it...

4:09 AM  
Blogger tunay na pagibig said...

shet pare ang lalim.

5:07 AM  
Blogger wongkarboi said...

What you see is what you get...

5:13 AM  
Blogger wongkarboi said...

Pare ganyan talaga eh.

5:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Stranger

Kram has moved!
Graffiti


Trails

Detours
Ady
Ais
Alexis
Angela
Bea
CA
Chally
Cheenee
Cheska
Chevs
Cid
Dereck
Ella
Ginj
Inna
Jan
Joy
Joyce
Justin
Kenneth
Kram
Krayola
Melissa
Michelle
Migs
MM
Nikko
Patrick
Rana
Reena
Rey
RJ
Smither
Zyon

Sponsor


Google Search


Credits
Brushes
Image Host
Photo