Saturday, June 03, 2006
DANCING IN THE MOONLIGHT
Alright this is my karma for making fun of the fact that there was a brownout at my friend's place yesterday. Now I'm getting my share. To think that I hate brownouts.

I was having my siesta when I woke up due to the irritating heat I felt. So I went out, still within the perimeters of our home to take snapshots of the lightning bolts that were so eye catching. Later on my mom went out, telling me to go inside due to the strong thunderstorm. Quizically and sarcastically I asked her if it's possible for me to get struck by lightning despite the fact that there is still roof that shields my head. Thus, I remained outside. Seconds later, there a strong lightning bolt emitted much light, and I noticed the figure of a man walking in the street. Then all of a sudden, after the light had faded, the figure disappeared, which prompted me to go back inside the premises of my humble abode. Now I'm here, condescendingly entertaining myself through the heat of the night. To think that while I was watching Before Sunrise and Before Sunset (for the bazillionth time) earlier, I said to myself that I wanted to be in a situation like Celine's when she went to Germany where she could not watch television and could not do anything worthwhile.

Well, since I've mentioned my watching one of my favorite films of all time (Yeah I know, you're thinking I should change the name of my blog to something like Before Sunrise, Sunset and Sunny-side eggs; or whatever) I've had this new realization. Inside the car, as Jesse was to take Celine back to her apartment, he told her this - "I kinda see love as the escape for two people who don't know how to be alone." Well, if that's the case, it kinda makes me wonder... What if living alone is something I very well know of doing, does that mean that love isn't something meant for me? Is love really such a lame excuse for two strangers who couldn't live alone thus coming together only for the sake of companionship? If that's the case, where do you draw the fine line between lovers and friends, if what you're just looking for is a buddy to spend the rest of your life with? Why spend the entirety of your life waiting for 'the one', when all you need is someone?

PS:
Yes, Carrie style + cynicism = The old Mark's back. Sorry, I can't make a pun right now. I can't afford to think hard and let this machine hibernate due to computer mal-pun-ction. (Well, at least I tried. :P)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Stranger

Kram has moved!
Graffiti


Trails

Detours
Ady
Ais
Alexis
Angela
Bea
CA
Chally
Cheenee
Cheska
Chevs
Cid
Dereck
Ella
Ginj
Inna
Jan
Joy
Joyce
Justin
Kenneth
Kram
Krayola
Melissa
Michelle
Migs
MM
Nikko
Patrick
Rana
Reena
Rey
RJ
Smither
Zyon

Sponsor


Google Search


Credits
Brushes
Image Host
Photo