Thursday, June 08, 2006
AHEAD
Early two years ago, after being baffled by Last Tango in Paris, which I barely understood, I had an idea of creating an adaptation of it. However, I had a different theme in mind. Instead of having an old man who is a foreigner and a European woman, having an affair, I was thinking of changing that European woman into a man. Well, that idea became short-lived when in the middle of last year, came that film which was eventually called Brokeback Mountain. So much for that.

Last year, I came to stumble upon the book by Carlo Vergara which was known as Zsa Zsa Zaturnnah. If you live in the Philippines, you might have known by now that the book will be adapted into film by the great local film mogul which I need not name. Needless to say, I also had thoughts of adapting the book. The same is true for my ideas for Oscar Wilde's An Ideal Husband and The Picture of Dorian Gray, and W. Somerset Maugham's Up at the Villa. All of which have already been made into films.

Just days ago, after these very unsuccessful encounters with film adaptation, which didn't even reached the point of pre-production, I thought about reviving an old film genre - the silent film. And yes, you guessed it right, somehow, someone also got the same idea, as I read last night on a newspaper, because there is someone who was able to make a film like that, and it is to be featured somewhere, to hell like I care where that is.

Needless to say, my only sin in this story is that I wasn't born earlier to be able to get ahead of people who had similar ideas. Right now, I would like to put into letters that I do have intentions of creating films about Magic the Gathering's Rath Cycle, Lazaro Francisco's Maganda Pa Ang Daigdig, and something similar to Stanley Kubrick's 2001: A Space Odyssey. Even if I don't own the rights to these works, I just want to point out my intentions. If all else fails, well, there's always that thing called experience which I can manipulate anytime of the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Stranger

Kram has moved!
Graffiti


Trails

Detours
Ady
Ais
Alexis
Angela
Bea
CA
Chally
Cheenee
Cheska
Chevs
Cid
Dereck
Ella
Ginj
Inna
Jan
Joy
Joyce
Justin
Kenneth
Kram
Krayola
Melissa
Michelle
Migs
MM
Nikko
Patrick
Rana
Reena
Rey
RJ
Smither
Zyon

Sponsor


Google Search


Credits
Brushes
Image Host
Photo