Wednesday, May 31, 2006
PAYCHECK
This has been of those days which can just simply be called... perfect. Just perfect. And in the perfect fashion, let me present to you the events of my perfect day in a perfectly traditional way - the narration.

After oversleeping, I started the day with an unexplainable sense of happiness. Some cookies and cups of coffee later, I jiggied (Note to grammar geniuses: Correct me if I'm wrong. But nevertheless, that's the perfect word to describe it.) to Dirty Dancing's (I've Had) The Time of My Life, which kind of summed up what I was feeling. Then I realized that I still had a presentation to get over with during that day. But then I also have to prepare myself physically, so my mind wasn't that much packed. Noticing the time, I quickly went to the place where I was supposed to meet my colleagues, which to no avail, didn't actually made sense since they were minutes late. Instead of looking like a man who got stood up to a date, I opted to view my notes for the report. When my friends arrived, I didn't have the stomach to eat such meals in a place where we stayed. Thus, I just had a glass of their bitter lemonade. The time came when my groupmate and I had to leave since we didn't have the luxury of time to stay and chat. Again, it didn't make sense since we didn't start on time due to some delays, which was both good and bad in different ways. After his words of wisdom, our professor returned the "make or break, fight or flight, do or die, life or death" exam which to my surprise, was one of the best results in my college academic life; I got an A. Thanks to that, my ego was overfed, thus, making me spoil my entire part in the presentation, which actually didn't matter anyway. (Haha. Yes, this is my ego speaking right now.) After the class, I met with mom to go to our nation's capital - the very polluted and traffic infested city of Manila. There I went to the office of Mr. Ricky Lo to get my very first paycheck. (Note to life historian: Yes, it's for "Life Belongs To Those Who Wait") Although it wasn't that much large of a sum, I was very, very happy to receive it. I didn't even think I was going to get anything for it, which doesn't actually matter since my artsy side has already been fulfilled just for the plain fact of having my article published on a national broadsheet. I actually don't want to cash the check right now, I just want to store it with my other awards or place it inside the frame where my article is. After that journey, I went to Gateway, specifically to my shrine there - Odyssey, where I was shocked to see that "The Cider House Rules" (which I have been searching for in almost all video stores I have gone to when I started to become a "movie addict" ["Movie addict" isn't the right term. But I can't think right now.]) Immediately, I grabbed and bought it. I then had dinner with my mom where we got to laugh at the misery of other people (Just kidding. Haha.) But we did have some good laughs. After that, I came home, and here I am, savoring the last hours of my perfect day.


PS:
Another reason for this being a perfect day is the new look of Stranger Streets! Large credit goes to Ms. Aislinn "Blogoddess" Kee, the creator of Droozy's Story of the Year, that became Top 4 in the Most Rated List of Blogskins (Correct me if I'm wrong), who personally made it. (Ayan ah, second time mo nang naexempt sa anonymity rule ko. Haha. Thanks also again to Mr. Eric Smith for his previous template of Stranger Streets.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! o_O

6:50 AM  
Blogger wongkarboi said...

Thanks... :)

6:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Stranger

Kram has moved!
Graffiti


Trails

Detours
Ady
Ais
Alexis
Angela
Bea
CA
Chally
Cheenee
Cheska
Chevs
Cid
Dereck
Ella
Ginj
Inna
Jan
Joy
Joyce
Justin
Kenneth
Kram
Krayola
Melissa
Michelle
Migs
MM
Nikko
Patrick
Rana
Reena
Rey
RJ
Smither
Zyon

Sponsor


Google Search


Credits
Brushes
Image Host
Photo