Monday, January 16, 2006
TIME AFTER TIME
1/14/06. 10:00 am. Woke up to a gloomy cloudy day, I opened my laptop to check messages. There were none. I browsed and surfed until I got hungry. Minutes later inside a mall, I would find my self blaming myself for having ordered that peculiar steak, which was everything pepper. Later on, I went to the hardware store to buy a light to use for my shooting the next day. It kinda felt cool, with the kickass light and all. I was really looking forward to next day's shooting.

3:00 pm. I arrived back home to get dressed for a blockmate's party that night. I was supposed to meet friends around 4 pm in a mall different from that which I came from. I arrived at the train station around pass 4 pm. Coincidentally, I bumped into the people I was supposed to meet. Entering the mall, we bought gifts for the night's debutant. As the girls bought fancy shmancy stuff, us guys tried to look for our own accessory - gradeless eyeglasses. But we failed, so few hours later, we went to my friend's place.

6:00 pm. I found myself inside a room with girls playing dress ups and make up. It was kind of fascinating actually. Later on, I was playing cards with the room's owner. At that moment, I realized it was really tough to form the word seahorse at Scrabble. Several minutes later, more people started to arrive. Later on, the backstage had suddenly turned into a studio as the girls and the boys flaunted their "smart casual" attires.

7:40 pm. We got into a cab in time to go to the party. As we arrived, we noticed that we were pathetically early. So we entered, took a few snapshots and did a few chit chats. The party came and went. It was kind of good - bottles of beers, chocolate fondue, and more photo sessions. As the darkness swallowed the night, the girls started to get paranoid with the psycho-like waiters, so we left.

1/15/06. 12:30 am. We decided to go to the nearby place to get cocoa and coffee. We sat and relaxed, even watched "the most brutal" backstabbing faceoff of one of our blockmates. That was both weird and funny, in a way. One coffee shop to another, we sipped and sniffed until we decided to call the night off. Instantly, I got myself a cab and went home.

1:30 am. I got home. I did my usual routine, opened the laptop to check if I got messages and just waited until I get sleepy. I thought the night was over. It wasn't. I got a call. I answered. It was a friend. I said "Hello" like a hundred times, but she never replied. Turns out, I had an instant access to a private conversation. I thought that it was intended. It wasn't. There they were, two girls, talking about us boys. It was kind of shocking but it in a way, it was mostly humorous. The angel I was, I texted one of them to tell them I can hear them and what they were talking about. I then heard in the phone that they didn't believe, they were laughing even. Then I told them it was in the other girl's phone. Hurriedly, they screamed and the line was cut.

2:30 am. A few exclaims and life threats later, I found myself preparing my stuff including my shooting equipment, to go to the place where the two girls are to be found. Walking at dawn in the dark alley made me wonder how weird it felt like. I was also wondering how in hell I was to get there in the middle of the night. Strangely, as if things wouldn't get any stranger, I found a cab waiting for me at the end of the street. So I waved, got in and went. It really felt weird. I was like driven to narrate to the sleepy cab driver the events that are and have occured but I didn't.

3:30 am. As I entered the place, it seemed that I had the weirdest smile - really big, almost maniacal. The two girls were there waiting for me. They told me what really happened - that one of them was just saving my number but incidentally pressed the call button that paved way for my 5-minute eavesdropping. We entered the room and began the extended night of revelations. I listened to their perceptions and outlooks towards the boys, like I didn't know. They shared a few secrets. I did as well; even narrated my past torrid affair.

4:30 am. The girls prepared their beds. I was outside as I was supposed to sleep on the sofa. The lights were clothes. I said my prayers, they said theirs. I got finished first. I crawled and went inside the room to surprise them. They didn't scream. We ended up talking again. One of them couldn't take it anymore, so she slept. The remaining two of us, still wide awake, continued to talk. Later she yawned, I asked her she if she wanted to sleep already. Then, we decided to call it a night. I went back to my "bed". I still wasn't sleepy so I found myself staring at the darkness.

5:30 am. A few minutes later, the girl I last talked to called for me and asked if I was still awake. I replied. She then went out, appears like she was scared of the bumps that went through the night. We ended up talking again. A few creepy noises later, I decided to accompany her to her bed. We continued our chat as the sun slowly rose. At 6 pm, she decided she's really going to sleep already. So she did. A few minutes later, I slept as well.

8:00 am. I woke up to see that the girls were also waking up. They talked with long pauses in between. I joined them. Then, reality started to bite as one of my groupmates for my shooting that day called me up. I answered and then realized that we were supposed to meet already. I stayed in the room for a while, as I remained talking with the girls. An hour later, we finally decided to bid adieu.

10:00 am. I met up with my groupmates to shoot our short film. We waited for the others who still weren't there for a while. When we got to the shooting place, we started right away.

2:30 pm. A few takes and lots of laughters later, we finished shooting. I called it a wrap. I went home.

3:30 pm. I arrived home sick, tired and famished. I ate my delayed lunch and drank 3/4 of the 1.5 liter of Coke. I checked if I got any messages then I finally decided to sleep.

7:30 pm. Mom woke me up for supper. I didn't want to. I continued sleeping.

1/16/06. 2:00 am. I awoke to a painful migraine. I ate supper. Now, here I am typing away...

"I don't want to lie. I can't tell the truth. So it's over." This quote is dedicated to the woman from my narration to the two girls. Go figure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Stranger

Kram has moved!
Graffiti


Trails

Detours
Ady
Ais
Alexis
Angela
Bea
CA
Chally
Cheenee
Cheska
Chevs
Cid
Dereck
Ella
Ginj
Inna
Jan
Joy
Joyce
Justin
Kenneth
Kram
Krayola
Melissa
Michelle
Migs
MM
Nikko
Patrick
Rana
Reena
Rey
RJ
Smither
Zyon

Sponsor


Google Search


Credits
Brushes
Image Host
Photo