Sunday, September 04, 2005
WORLD WITHOUT STRANGERS
Months after not watching an episode of Sex and the City, I finally decided to relive the eccentric life of goddess Sarah Jessica Parker in her final adieu as Carrie Bradshaw. As I watched the scene where Carrie misses her Parisian fan party to support “the guy she’s in a very good relationship with”, I remembered a line my professor said about the difference between plays and movies – the latter shall stay forever as it was recorded while the former will offer a unique spectacle is it is live. Thus, I stood there watching as the guy who thought Carrie would abandon the guy she’s in a very good relationship with.

For a moment, I thought that that was my only highlight for today. I had my ordinary Sunday routine – sleeping the whole afternoon, going to mass late afternoon, and eating dinner in a mall early evening. I fret that the day would be over as I had finished eating and I was ready to go home. But as I walked through the alleys of the mall, one shirt bearing bloody letters caught my attention which said – World without strangers. It was the perfect Closer cliché shirt. With my Carrie instinct fresh from watching An American Girl in Paris Part Une and Deux, I went inside the shop and bought me a pair of those shirts that bore my supposed-to-be phrase for the day.

World without strangers – they’re such simple words but carry lots of implications in my pathetic life. For most people, it means that there are no bounds between culture and diversity. For me, it means being single for the rest of eternity. Are they symbolic of a prophecy intended for me? I remember watching the final episode that morning feeling like Austin Powers without his mojo; the glitters erased, the magic blown away. It didn’t occur to me until now that being busy throughout all these times had my thoughts driven away from what kept my mind busy in the past. Seeing the bold letters in those shirts had my mind turn into a lightning rod that was hit by lightning bolts of realizations. Moreover, it was hit by a landslide of questions,

Strangers – where are they? Why am I looking for them? People always find it strange when they find out my fascination with strangers. Now, it makes me think about an argument from Before Sunrise about whether or not each one of us really has someone meant for us somewhere, somehow. With all these disputes about myself, as I fit my black shirt, it makes me wonder… “Am I the sole soul without his sole soul mate?”

Realizations make me consider lots of railways in my so-called Stranger Streets. Like I always say, I am never sure of what awaits me in the future either career-wise or love-wise as most say you could rarely have them both in good condition. But my life is like a play; therefore, I can change anything I desire. And so as I sit her in my couch, with all the raves in my career, like single Carrie, the only beacon phrase I should count on is, “You got the love.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Stranger

Kram has moved!
Graffiti


Trails

Detours
Ady
Ais
Alexis
Angela
Bea
CA
Chally
Cheenee
Cheska
Chevs
Cid
Dereck
Ella
Ginj
Inna
Jan
Joy
Joyce
Justin
Kenneth
Kram
Krayola
Melissa
Michelle
Migs
MM
Nikko
Patrick
Rana
Reena
Rey
RJ
Smither
Zyon

Sponsor


Google Search


Credits
Brushes
Image Host
Photo