Thursday, August 25, 2005
SIFT THROUGH SANDS
If Steven Spielberg had Amblin and George Lucas had THX 1138, what does Mark Peregrino have? What will I have? The two aforementioned personas had their first film turned into cinema icons – Spielberg named his production company Amblin which has produced a number of A-class award winning films while George Lucas adapted his into a feature length film and of course the brand THX you see in cinemas was made possible by the great filmmaker. When they were at my age, they have already done these phenomenal films which are now stellar and iconic. But what do I have?

Filmmaking takes time and passion. Right now, I’m giving it almost all my time and having it as my only passion. Although I am not technically working my ass out in shooting, editing and other technical stuff, I am slowly learning and planning. Like a devoted filmmaker, I am already creating story boards, sequences and others for a film which I am not sure I can man by myself alone. Technically this would be my first official film for the story, script and direction shall solely emanate from me. Also, uncertainty surrounds me as I fret that the intensity of the power that the story would generate most especially to viewers who are not fond of the genre I wish to master. As you know, breaking the odds and flouting the norms excites me the most.

Planning the future is an uneasy task to be done. What I shall be years from now is still uncertain. Although there is already a clear path I want to trek, I do not possess the power to control it. Years from now, I may already have won my most coveted Oscar, or write for The Manila Bulletin, or teach in a Philippine school, or be an ambassador for a 3rd world country or do something else. All I know is that it’s hard to sift through sands when it’s hot.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Planning the future is bugging me right now. I have the end results in my mind - just like you or any other thinking human - but the stages I must go through in order to get there is the main problem. Not only that, I still dunno what to do in college. Good grief. Luckily, I'm currently not losing any sleep over it. ;-)

10:55 PM  
Blogger wongkarboi said...

Stray Cats! Pooch... I should've watched it the first week it was on! Sayang! Sana extended nga!

1:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Stranger

Kram has moved!
Graffiti


Trails

Detours
Ady
Ais
Alexis
Angela
Bea
CA
Chally
Cheenee
Cheska
Chevs
Cid
Dereck
Ella
Ginj
Inna
Jan
Joy
Joyce
Justin
Kenneth
Kram
Krayola
Melissa
Michelle
Migs
MM
Nikko
Patrick
Rana
Reena
Rey
RJ
Smither
Zyon

Sponsor


Google Search


Credits
Brushes
Image Host
Photo