Friday, July 22, 2005
SPINNING WHEEL
Life is a spinning wheel. You can take the boy away from politics but you can never take politics away from the boy. I could not fathom what it is with politics that I could not fully escape from its clutches. It’s like magnet that forcefully draws metal towards it. No matter how far it is, as long as it’s within range, it will be entrapped by this mysterious force. Though I have not fully reconciled with my political past, I am back with it once more but in the medium which is arguably where I am best at – writing!

In one of my scholastic requirements, we are tasked to create a features article about any place we dare to talk about. We sure took it seriously about that “dare” part. On Monday, I shall be joining the rest of humanity to march in the streets along Batasang Pambansa but not to rally as what people came there for. I shall be there to merely observe. Observation is one of my great talents so to speak and it would be a great thrill and experience to be there personally but it would be greater if I go home in one piece.

Most people who know me won’t believe of such eccentricity. Daredevil stunts are not on my playing field. I won’t even dare eat something that’s spicy for hell of experience-based reasons. But this time it’s different. I want to break free. I don’t know what it is but all I know is that there’s something in me that seeks something – something of a new horizon, somewhere I’ve never been.

It is not enough to stick to what is safe, just for survival mode. One must learn to take risks, be aware of what it may cause but in the end it’s the pleasure of having your goals and desires fulfilled through an all or nothing game which makes it worth fighting for. As they say – you win some you lose some. What goes up must come down. The spinning wheel goes round and round.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Stranger

Kram has moved!
Graffiti


Trails

Detours
Ady
Ais
Alexis
Angela
Bea
CA
Chally
Cheenee
Cheska
Chevs
Cid
Dereck
Ella
Ginj
Inna
Jan
Joy
Joyce
Justin
Kenneth
Kram
Krayola
Melissa
Michelle
Migs
MM
Nikko
Patrick
Rana
Reena
Rey
RJ
Smither
Zyon

Sponsor


Google Search


Credits
Brushes
Image Host
Photo