Friday, July 08, 2005
OMEN
“Rejection is brutal.” That is the only thing that keeps on revolving around my head this evening. Earlier this night, I received a text message. It stated that I wasn’t accepted into the political party I applied for. As a college freshman, it is vital to have a party when you are running for a position. Otherwise, you have to make your own or depend on your own. Both of which are quite impossible for me this early a time. After hours of silence and serenity, I had decided not to run.

You may think that the Mark Peregrino who was the former Student Council President of Lorenzo Ruiz de Manila School would never have done this. He would never back out from a challenge. It was rejection which catapulted him to heights he had never imagined reaching, so why back out now? Now that he has accomplished so many things. Now that he has made a name not only in his school but as well as in his small community. I tell you, I am not backing out; I had never done it and I am not planning to do it.

The reason for my sudden change of mind is not merely because I would lose without a party. If I shall defend my principles, I would go right ahead and form my own group or run independently if necessary. But the time is not now. Instead of wasting time in campaigns, knowing that winning would be a long shot in this position, I shall devote my time in formulating concrete projects and proposals beneficiary to my constituents and department. Just as I said, I am not backing out. I am just gearing myself up.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tourism Cebu - See You in Cebu! said...

well said, very optimistic - that's the way...

4:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Stranger

Kram has moved!
Graffiti


Trails

Detours
Ady
Ais
Alexis
Angela
Bea
CA
Chally
Cheenee
Cheska
Chevs
Cid
Dereck
Ella
Ginj
Inna
Jan
Joy
Joyce
Justin
Kenneth
Kram
Krayola
Melissa
Michelle
Migs
MM
Nikko
Patrick
Rana
Reena
Rey
RJ
Smither
Zyon

Sponsor


Google Search


Credits
Brushes
Image Host
Photo