Sunday, July 31, 2005
MUTATION
Who was the persona who first spoke of the line “What you see is what you get”? Why, you ask? Well, I want to ask him something for this day I gained a whole new understanding to the meaning of his quote. For what I had just seen has just been what I got.

This morning I had watched Marty Scorsese’s epic homage to eccentric billionaire and film mogul Howard Hughes. Captivating as the film was, I couldn’t help but react to how the playboy lived his life – his many women, his obsessive compulsive behavior, his addiction to perfection.

I didn’t know how the bloody hell it happened but someway somehow the film rubbed in me most especially Mr. Hughes’ obsessive compulsion. Like this evening while we were eating out, my nephew took a gulp from my drink, mistakenly thinking it was his. Right after that, I dared not take another sip from it.

This isn’t actually the first time this happened. I had known about this strange behavior of mine since I was a kid. Before I used to have a craving of having a uniform motion of my feet the same as the people I walked along with. I also had these strange ceremonies while I was coughing – hand gestures and arm contortions. As the years had gone by, I was able to let go of these obnoxious doings. But thanks to Mr. DiCaprio’s character acting, I think I am off once more to becoming an OC.

For how long the duration of this epidemic will last, I do not know. But for now, there’s nothing to do but make the most out of it. Just when I needed a sign on what stepping stone I would use for my directing aspiration, this comes. Oh well, Mr. Method here I come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Stranger

Kram has moved!
Graffiti


Trails

Detours
Ady
Ais
Alexis
Angela
Bea
CA
Chally
Cheenee
Cheska
Chevs
Cid
Dereck
Ella
Ginj
Inna
Jan
Joy
Joyce
Justin
Kenneth
Kram
Krayola
Melissa
Michelle
Migs
MM
Nikko
Patrick
Rana
Reena
Rey
RJ
Smither
Zyon

Sponsor


Google Search


Credits
Brushes
Image Host
Photo