Monday, July 25, 2005
MIND GAMES
Blood, gore, pain – those were the words which resounded in my head as I was on my way to meet my colleagues for the rally. Mind matters became worse as I saw a bruised and bloody man walking against the cars in the road. I had my chance; I could have backed out, stayed at home and just observed the rallies on television. But I did not.

My system was numb. As we marched along the road, I began seeing the flags and banners of militant and rally men who are all there united for a cause. I could go on and admire their bravery and patriotism but I was on the verge of a “freak-down”. For each step I took, I glanced around assuming a riot will start any moment. I felt as though people would start throwing rocks and I would be endangered. Chaos started heating up as pro-GMA rally men passed along the same road we were taking; the sound of glass breaking and the people roaring still linger in my head. I couldn’t have been more pessimistic when I saw the big tank of water, thinking we were going to be dispersed in case pandemonium takes place. It was as if I was a character from a war movie getting geared up on the battlefield - as if I’d be that brave enough.

But here I am right now – refreshed and relaxed. The noise of anger, the chants of displeasure and the songs of mockery are over. I couldn’t be more thankful that I am still in one piece. I didn’t regret my daredevil adventure considering my repetitive taking of memorable pictures that shall forever capture those thrilling moments. This is just one of those moments which may seem unpleasant but are vital to character formation and human exploration.

Who knows? Just as J.R.R. Tolkien was inspired by the world war, this breath-taking experience (though not as major) might become my inspiration for my own masterpiece. If the saying is true, there is indeed light at the end of the tunnel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Stranger

Kram has moved!
Graffiti


Trails

Detours
Ady
Ais
Alexis
Angela
Bea
CA
Chally
Cheenee
Cheska
Chevs
Cid
Dereck
Ella
Ginj
Inna
Jan
Joy
Joyce
Justin
Kenneth
Kram
Krayola
Melissa
Michelle
Migs
MM
Nikko
Patrick
Rana
Reena
Rey
RJ
Smither
Zyon

Sponsor


Google Search


Credits
Brushes
Image Host
Photo