Saturday, July 09, 2005
THE BEANERY
Did you ever wonder why people ask the question, “How do you see yourself ten years from now?” Usually when I encounter this question, I would answer, “Sitting inside a coffee shop, composing an article using my laptop while sipping coffee.” For some people, life is like a piece of cake. For in life, it is important to take a clear view of what you want in your future. It’s the same with a cake, when you enter a pastry shop, you have to choose which flavor and slice you want. Practically speaking, I never imagined that the cake I wanted in a decade would be on express delivery.

As I sit on the sofa while typing, I lean back and take a breather. I take a glance at my surroundings; I see friends hanging out, students working on their schoolwork and groups discussing out loud. I think about the times I used to wonder how this picture would look like. I just can’t believe it. I’m actually living my own dream – a dream I only had a few months ago.

Isn’t it amazing how fast time flies? It was like yesterday when I was trying to say farewell to high school life. Now I’m enjoying every minute of college life. Well, that is indeed how life goes. We should live each moment one at a time. Never forget the past, take a good look at your future but focus on the present.

Overwhelmed is the best word that best describes this feeling. It’s like the feeling when people get when they get a first taste of a scrumptious cake. I still can’t believe how fast my life is changing now. The daily routines I used to do for a number of years have gone. Gone are the days when I drop by a mall with a friend or so to eat in a fast food or in a food court; because now, I have a wide variety of restaurants and coffee shops to go to. Gone are the days when I have to beg people to accompany me to a place I need to go to; for now, a text or a simple chat is enough to get people to come with me almost wherever I say. Gone are the days when a simple hangout was pitiably impossible; as each day my hangout hours are longer than or equal to my class hours. I have nothing against my high school life. I’m just saying college life is way different – like chocolate mousse and cheesecakes.

I may see a vision of my future but I can never tell what’s going to happen next. Whether this is temporary or not, I’ll cherish each cup of coffee that’s as sweet as the blabbers, laughter and company of my friends I share it with. No one can stop me from enjoying my piece of cake. And here in the beanery, it gets a lot better with a cup of coffee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Stranger

Kram has moved!
Graffiti


Trails

Detours
Ady
Ais
Alexis
Angela
Bea
CA
Chally
Cheenee
Cheska
Chevs
Cid
Dereck
Ella
Ginj
Inna
Jan
Joy
Joyce
Justin
Kenneth
Kram
Krayola
Melissa
Michelle
Migs
MM
Nikko
Patrick
Rana
Reena
Rey
RJ
Smither
Zyon

Sponsor


Google Search


Credits
Brushes
Image Host
Photo